counter

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Sunday 9th August

Jo had to go to work so I had about an hour with the van before I had to get it back. I spent the hour at Seeswood where I bumped into this chap with a boxer and a pair of binoculars. It was not long before I realised that this guy really knew what he was on about, as we stood there he pointed out various bird songs that was going on around us, these included a kingfisher, reed warbler, lesser spotted woodpecker, buzzard ... Had I have had more time I would of spent the whole day trying to spot the woodpecker and kingfisher. The guy turned out to be Dave Hutton who has been birding for 30 odd years, he was a pleasure to talk to and he pointed out various areas and the time of year to spot various birds - He is also the guy whose blog I read when I was trying to find some info on Seeswood Pool for a fishing permit and ended up buying birding equipment instead of a permit, so it is his fault why I am going down the route I am going ... Thanks Dave lol. It was a lovely morning with mist coming off the pool, you could smell the fish, it was great, unfortunatly I had to go but I did have Monday to look forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers